"On her tongue is the law of kindness..."

"On her tongue is the law of kindness..."

Monday, January 3, 2011

Steel-Cut Oatmeal



The days of microwaveable oatmeal are over! Let's rejoice. Since I'm a newlywed I am discovering new recipes and methods of cooking weekly and this is my new favorite. I purchased steel cut oats from our local grocery store and cooked according to package instructions. You can boil either milk or water, depending on your caloric preference, and once boiled, the oatmeal takes approximately 25-35 minutes to cook over the stove. Once finished, feel free to add brown sugar, raisins, dried cranberries, nuts, or any special addition to make your oatmeal your own. I prefer a little brown sugar and raisins or swap the raisins for cranberries if I want a little tartness. Either way, whatever you choose to add will be divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment