"On her tongue is the law of kindness..."

"On her tongue is the law of kindness..."

Monday, January 10, 2011

So good to be home...



The huz and I have been married 6 months this month and I am amazed at how often we get asked questions like, "so, how's married life? are you annoyed with each other yet?" or "are you tired of being around each other all the time?" Now, feel free not correct me if you believe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that when Kev proposed I thought about living the rest of my life with him, and, after dating for 5 1/2 years we were both aware of all the positive and "negative" traits that the other possessed. And, in spite of all we knew about each other, we were so excited to spend the rest of our lives together. Yes, it's only been 6 months, but technically we've been together for 6 years. And, I can count on one hand how often we didn't see each other every single day of the year.
But, I am quite often surprised by how many couples, after hearing them speak of their significant other, aren't that excited to be around them or don't have very flattering things to say. Please note, that the words that come out of your mouth, whether you are in front of your spouse or not, are powerful and should be considered carefully. One of the rules that Kev and I have always had in our relationship is that we (1) don't speak negatively about the other's immediate family, (2) don't speak negatively about one another, and (3) never, under any circumstance, call the other a negative name. Why? Because your words have power, and oftentimes, what you speak is a reflection of what you're choosing to focus on. Does Kev get annoyed with how often I like to organize, file, and clean things? probably. But, is he thankful for those things? yes, he tells me all the time. Ladies and gents, if you are married - tame that tongue! And, if you aren't - practice it!
Over the last two nights, Tulsa has experienced some snow - nothing life threatening, don't you worry - and on my way home the snow was lightly falling and all I could think about was how much I wanted to be at home with my husband. And, I hope you all are fortunate enough to feel the same. About your own husband or wife, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment