"On her tongue is the law of kindness..."

"On her tongue is the law of kindness..."

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Raw Banana Ice Cream with Peanut Butter and Honey

I like to experiment with vegan recipes, tasting and testing recipes to see how "vegan" i can go before I begin to crave cheese, sugar, and meat with every fiber of my being. This recipe proved pretty impressive, as I was expecting a horrible, non-sugary version of a smoothie, but I was quite surprised to find that this recipe is completely vegan, no added sugar, and was delicious. A big thank you goes out to "5 Ingredient Fix" for airing this recipe yesterday on the Food Network. Not only was I impressed, but when I told the huz I'd like to buy some more bananas to freeze for this week and make more he said, "yes, please!" Now, that's some good vegan "ice cream!"

Ingredients
2 ripe bananas per serving (if making ice cream for two, use 4 bananas; if making for three, use 6 bananas)
creamy peanut butter
honey

Directions
Peel and cut the bananas into 1-inch pieces, place on a baking sheet and place in the freezer for 45 minutes - 1 hour (or until frozen). Place frozen bananas into food processor and puree, scraping sides periodically, until smooth. If bananas are too chunky and will not smooth, add a little soy milk, almond milk, or milk to the mixture. Add peanut butter (about 1 tbsp - 3 tbsp depending on preference) and honey (about 1-2 tbsp depending on preference). Serve Immediately or place in container to refreeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment