"On her tongue is the law of kindness..."

"On her tongue is the law of kindness..."

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Discipline...

So, after many years of not working out I decided to start running. My motivation is simple: I'm the largest size I've been in my entire life, and I want to get in shape to run either the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure or the Tulsa Run this fall. I have begun the Couch-to-5k program (it's a progressive program where over the course of 8 weeks you will end the program being able to run 3 miles continually without stopping). Well, I started in late January, and then Tulsa and surrounding areas experienced the largest amount of snowfall in its history, which halted my program for two weeks. Next, I started the program again only to find out that the huz and I began house hunting, which took up most of our evenings and weekends. With the house found (we're building our first home!) and the snow melted, the program has begun again and I have a new perspective: I want to be disciplined. Yes, there are weight loss goals and health-related goals, but I want to incorporate a lifestyle of discipline. And, although I've only ran two sessions in a row this week, it is so obvious how un-disciplined my life was. You know, my life two days ago.
The more I work out the more conscious I am about what I eat and the more aware I am regarding the small un-disciplined areas of my life. I like this. I don't mind being called out, sometimes it's what you need. And I would have never thought a little running program would do just that.
So, stay tuned and I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment